The DeRailed Challenge

Fri Feb 9 13:36:44 PST 2007

kris wrote:
> 'DeRailed' is a project intended to compete in the space where RoR has
> been successful. We believe an RoR "killer" will do wonders for D as a
> language, in terms of publicity and potential widespread adoption.

Perhaps, for those of us with not more than a vague idea of what Ruby on
Rails even is, you should also explain why it's such a big deal?
All I know about it is that it has something to do with websites and it
seems to be considered the "killer app" for Ruby...

For instance, why would you need late binding?
And reflection support?
And what does a GUI have to do with web development? Unless you mean an
HTML generation engine...

Note: I have never done any kind of server-side scripting, nor any web
development at all besides some basic HTML and copy-pasting (and on one
occasion slightly modifying) some javascript...