The DeRailed Challenge (glade/libgda in Gtkd/duit)

Alan Knowles alan at akbkhome.com
Sat Feb 10 17:40:31 PST 2007

Gregor Richards wrote:
 > kris wrote:
 >> 'DeRailed' is a project intended to compete in the space where RoR as
.. snip snip ...
 >> 3) a GUI front end, capable of being generated on the fly, yet
 >> sufficiently powerful and extensible. We've been investigating arious
 >> existing technologies and approaches.
 >
 > Perhaps Glade's XML support could be built into duit?

It's now called GtkD ;)

Glade support is already there - although I don't think auto-connect is
do-able without at least runtime reflection.

There's also libgda (www.gnome-db.org) bindings in svn, although I've
not tested much more than running a few queries so far.

A 'official' release should be in the pipeline soon.

Regards
Alan