KDevelop and D ?

Jari-Matti Mäkelä jmjmak at utu.fi.invalid
Sun Feb 11 18:24:45 PST 2007

Thomas Brix Larsen wrote:
> Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:
>> Thomas Brix Larsen wrote:
>>> kris wrote:
>>>
>>> But I can tell you that the syntax highlighting for D currently is
>>> somewhat broken, I especially remember \" making a mess, and some of the
>>> newer keywords not being recognized.

> Well KDevelop, Kate, and KWrite normally use the same "embedded advanced
> texteditor" backend. So yes, this isn't as such a problem with KDevelop,
> but it still applies.

It's Katepart. I made some fixes to the highlighting (including new
keywords). You can try it out, just copy the attached d.xml to
/usr/kde/3.5/share/apps/katepart/syntax or wherever you have KDE installed.

I haven't used KDevelop much, just moved from Kate to KDevelop. I guess
you need to start a fake C/C++ project to even see anything in the
debugging menu. Probably that is also easy to fix by editing some
project wizard xml file?