Super-dee-duper D features

Walter Bright newshound at digitalmars.com
Mon Feb 12 01:25:41 PST 2007

Kevin Bealer wrote:
> My first thought on "how" is to build an interpreter in the compiler
> that can run the parse tree of a D function.  Which brings us fairly
> close to the LISP domain, the primary difference being that this
> interpreter would not necessarily be included in the compiled program
> (i.e. its not 'eval()', yet.)

Andrei and I have come up with some scribbling that looks like a start
on being able to manipulate parse trees. At least we know what we want
it to look like <g>, but it's a looong way from being a solid design and
then an implementation.

I'm not sure where this will lead, it's like Fulton thinking "I've got
this steam engine over here, and a boat over there, ..."