GDC on 64 bit linux fails (gentoo)

Alberto reda at zioale.it
Tue Feb 13 01:41:15 PST 2007

> I also didn't get libgphobos installed.  I actually don't want gphobos- want
> to use Tango.  I can't compile anything with gdc, though.  First it
> couldn't find object.d. so I linked my tango directory to /usr/include/d.
I had the same "problem" with tango, very easy to fix
> Now it wants libgphobos.spec.  I don't know that that does or why it wants
> it.
you must have it, however if you compile tango, you can run the
installer (that will linstall libgphobos.spec and libgphobos.a) or you
can follow the instruction on the tango site and install all manually.
(I had a lot of problems with the install scripts, only a manual install
has solved all problems.

> I also don't want to have to use a 32-bit chroot.  IMO, it's a pain in the
> ass.  Any suggestions?
cross compile?