Super-dee-duper D features

Lutger lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 04:21:44 PST 2007

James Dennett wrote:
> Familiarity with Lisp does help when working with C++
> templates, it seems.  That might also be true for templates
> in D.

I can confirm that. I was never able to grok even easy metaprogramming with
templates in D until I learned a little Lisp. The whole first chapter of
SICP (all the examples and excersises) can be translated to metaprograms
directly, and they look like lisp too. I think it is the static if / else
and alias (template template) parameters which make this so easy.