Food for thought

Don Clugston dac at nospam.com.au
Tue Feb 13 05:15:17 PST 2007

Robby wrote:
> The implementation of array methods to me is one of the sexiest, and yet
> quietest features of D. Probably do to the duh factor, but none the
> less. (any method that has an array as the first argument can use a
> shortened syntax)

IIRC, it's quiet because it was originally a bug. Albeit a very popular
one. And that's why it only works in a peculiar subset of cases.
Even for arrays, it doesn't work for operator overloading, unfortunately.
I wonder if Walter's worked out why it works <g>. (Mind you, the list of
Easter eggs that have appeared in D is getting pretty impressive --
maybe it's a half-implemented feature rather than a bug).

It would indeed be fabulous if it worked all cases.