Super-dee-duper D features

Walter Bright newshound at digitalmars.com
Wed Feb 14 11:53:13 PST 2007

Nicolai Waniek wrote:
> Let's hope that nobody will "over use" the new language features.

They will over use them. Overusing them is a part of the process of
learning how to program. I remember a professional race car driver
telling me once that if the driver didn't walk back to the pits now and
then carrying just the steering wheel, he wasn't pushing the limits hard
enough.

But if he did it too often, he'd get fired <g>.

> As I
> said (often enough) before, I really like the well though-out examples
> on how to use the (new) features I don't really like (and I even
> would've done some things the same way), but I fear the examples that
> will drive me insane ;)

I think the best we can do is keep coming up with examples showing the
right way to use them - lead by example.

And we should keep on frowning on attempts to use overloaded << for I/O
purposes <g>.