Super-dee-duper D features

renoX renosky at free.fr
Wed Feb 14 12:44:41 PST 2007

Andrei Alexandrescu (See Website For Email) a écrit :
> Probably this might be helpful. I think I should give it a shot, too:
>
> http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-49/srfi-49.html
>
> A big-time Scheme champion (wrote an entire Scheme system and two dozens
> of great papers) admitted to me that syntax is a big hurdle for
> acceptance and that he is looking into offering alternatives. The
> advantage is that they come from the "right" place. Unix started as a
> system for professionals with security, flexibility, etc. in place, and
> it's much harder to make Windows, which started as a consumer product,
> get to the same level.

I'm not sure srfi helps: I find it worse than the original syntax: sure
there is no more parenthesis, but now functions are spread over too many
lines.
I remember one article where the author used a very light grey (over a
white background) for the parenthesis to make them less noticeable..

With a correct indentation, this presentation trick makes the program
far more readable for non-Lispers..

renoX