overloading operators for I/O

Michiel nomail at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 14 15:23:15 PST 2007

> This can be done using variadic functions or tuples.

It would just be good if there was a standard and universally recognizable way to
do it.

A standard abstract class for message-sending that you can subclass. With standard
subclasses for std-out, std-err, std-in, file-out and file-in.

If you really don't want to use an operator, then just some variadic functions?

> I didn't expect to convince you <g>.

Right back at you. :)

But if you leave the streaming operator out of it, how about that class? I could
of course write one myself, but it wouldn't be standardized. And I think it should be.