RoR, Judge Judy, and little old ladies

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Thu Feb 15 03:39:12 PST 2007

Robby wrote:
> Bruno Medeiros wrote:
>> In both cases, Ruby code is generated from
>> code in these two DSLs, but that code generation is performed not by
>> the Ruby compiler during compile-time, but by an external tool
>> (similar to parser generators for example).
> No, it's done with Ruby during run time, using Ruby's dynamic and
> reflective abilities.

Hum, I had understood scaffolding to be the process where it generated
Ruby code by looking at the DB schema. So if I change the DB schema, I
don't have to run scaffolding again? I only need to restart the web app,
since it can reflectively and dynamically create its own ORM logic?

--
Bruno Medeiros - MSc in CS/E student