Compile time function execution...

janderson askme at me.com
Thu Feb 15 21:16:44 PST 2007

Walter Bright wrote:
> Bill Baxter wrote:
>
> Right now, the compiler will fail if the compile time execution results
> in infinite recursion or an infinite loop. I'll have to figure out some
> way to eventually deal with this.

Maybe you could allow the user to specify stack size and maximum
iteration per loop/recursion function to the compiler as flags (with
some defaults).   This way the user can up the size if they really need
it.  This would make it a platform thing.  That way a D compiler could
still be made for less powerful systems.

-Joel