Writing a library

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Fri Feb 16 16:22:34 PST 2007

Bill Baxter wrote:

> I'm not sure if the GC will work normally or not.  But I'm pretty sure
> you'll need to do something to startup and initialize the GC on the D
> side.  Check out WinMain in
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/minwin/browser/trunk/minwin/app.d at
> line 144.  In particular the calls to gc_init(), _minit(), _moduleCtor()
> and _moduleUnitTests().

And please be aware that the necessary sequence of function calls is
different for GDC.  Fixing this has been on my "to do" list for Tango
since the project began, and it really all just comes down to finding an
appropriate pair of function names.  They will most likely be cr_init()
and cr_term(), and will call the normal runtime initialization and
termination process.  I think I haven't gotten around to it yet simply
because no one has complained about it :-)

Sean