deprecated alias

Chris Miller chris at dprogramming.com
Sat Feb 17 01:30:05 PST 2007

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 16:37:40 -0500, kris <foo at bar.com> wrote:

> Syntactically, the compiler allows "deprecated alias foo bar;"  but the
> deprecated attribute is apparently ignored?
>
> Is this intentional?

I did notice deprecated isn't working in all cases, and it seemed to me
that it's only working when accessing deprecated things in other code. It
might just be a bug and isn't quite happening this way, but it's what I
got from it, and I realized it would be a decent way of handling it.
If my code accesses a deprecated thing from within the same file, it's
quite OK; like private. It's probably just happening to support the
deprecated feature. e.g. a deprecated function calling another deprecated
function in the same file shouldn't require -d; it might be just a stub
with different parameters calling the full implementation, or calling a
helper function that is also deprecated, in order to continue supporting a
deprecated feature.