Qt wrapper for D

just jeff jeffrparsons at optusnet.com.au
Sat Feb 17 21:07:04 PST 2007

> I don't know of any bindings for QT.  This is probably because it is a very
> complex C++ library, and D cannot call C++ code directly.  You might take a
> look at BCD, though:
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/bcd
>
> Theoretically, you throw bcd at some C++ header files, and it'll create the
> C-layer for you.  I don't know how well it actually works, though.
>
> If you do get bindings for QT working, please post them somewhere!  I'm sure
> that they'd be quite popular.  It think I've seen requests for it before.

There's already a C layer; it's called QtC, and it seems to be what
other bindings (e.g. Qt# for C#, IIRC) to Qt are based on.

Qt Jambi (the Java Qt interface) could be useful, but it could be worth
looking at Qt# for inspiration, as well.

Perhaps I could help in -some- way, but unfortunately I doubt I have the
experience to be a major player in such a project (figuring out the
architecture for the beast, etc.). I'd certainly be a rabid alpha/beta
tester, though. ;)