dm directory

Mon Feb 19 07:52:21 PST 2007

Andrew Bell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is in the "dm" directory that is part of the "dmd.zip" file
> that contains the dmd compiler and such.  Is it needed on a linux
> system?

---
urxae at urxae:~/opt/dm$ file `find`
.:              directory
./bin:          directory
./bin/lib.exe:  MS-DOS executable PE  for MS Windows (console) Intel
80386 32-bit
./bin/make.exe: MS-DOS executable PE  for MS Windows (console) Intel
80386 32-bit
./lib:          directory
./lib/snn.lib:  Microsoft Visual C library
---

So it contains two Windows executables and a MSVC library.
I'd guess nothing on Linux really need those, unless you plan on
cross-compiling (perhaps with Wine?)...