* Win32 issues with Templates and Libs *

Mike Parker aldacron71 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 20 16:49:42 PST 2007

kris wrote:

> At this time, it is just not possible for us to construct a reliable
> Tango.lib which, given our collective D 'expertise', seems entirely
> bogus :)
>
> Can you resolve it in some reliable and user-friendly manner?

I'd like to throw in my support for this request. This is my last major
gripe about D. Templates should just work out of the box, regardless of
the type of output being compiled (executable or library), without
requiring any tomfoolery from the programmer to work around shortcomings
in the object file format. Build tools like Bud and Rebuild help
alleviate the situation for projects that distribute source, but that's
no solution.