Lib change leads to larger executables

kris foo at bar.com
Wed Feb 21 01:39:48 PST 2007

Walter Bright wrote:
> kris wrote:
>
>> Walter Bright wrote:
>>
>>> For a quick & dirty test, try reversing the order the object files
>>> are presented to lib.
>>

>> there's a couple of hundred :-D
>

> Do the ones that were giving the undefined reference before the changes
> to lib.

The lib itself is actually built via a single D module, which imports
all others. This is then given to Build to construct the library. Thus I
don't have direct control over the ordering. Having said that, it
appears Build does something different when the modules are reordered;
Likely changing the order in which modules are presented to the lib.

By moving things around, I see a change in size on the target executable
between -4kb to +5kb