Lib change leads to larger executables

Wed Feb 21 14:10:11 PST 2007

Walter Bright wrote:
> Frits van Bommel wrote:
>> GNU ld seems to be perfectly happy working at the section level (with
>> --gc-sections).
>
> Yeah, well, try linking D programs with --gc-sections, and you'll get a
> crashing executable.

Haven't had trouble with it so far, though I seem to recall reading
there being some issues with exceptions. AFAIK that can be fixed by
using an appropriate linker script that KEEP()s the exception info,
though I haven't tried it since I haven't had that problem so far...

Is there anything else that breaks with --gc-sections?