Lib change leads to larger executables

kris foo at bar.com
Wed Feb 21 17:27:34 PST 2007

Derek Parnell wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:12:10 -0800, Walter Bright wrote:
>

>>It's important to work with existing tools (like linkers and
>>librarians), which (among other things) helps ensure that D programs can
>>link with the output of other compilers (like gcc).
>

> Has anyone tried successfully to use a Windows linker, other than OptLink,
> to handle D .obj files?

I tried the 'modified' Watcom linker the other night, but it found some
problems with snn.lib. That was a 2003 release, and the tools have been
updated significantly since then. The recent release may well have
better luck (the trunk supports OMF). Would be very interested if
someone were to have a go at it.