Lib change leads to larger executables

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Thu Feb 22 02:01:15 PST 2007

John Reimer wrote:

> That's not a good argument. ld is pig slow?  I'm sorry but I don't get
> that.  It works; it works as intended; and, strangely, I don't hear people
> complain about its apparent lack of speed.
>
> So what if a linker is blitzingly fast. If it's outdated and broken,
> there's not much to get excited about.  I'll choose the slow working one
> any day.

I've find OPTLINK to hang and crash a lot when linking the wxD programs
on Windows XP. But every time I try to reproduce it, it goes away... :-(

So now I just run the "make" like three times in a row, and it usually
succeeds in building everything. And yeah, it's rather fast in doing so.

But I prefer the MinGW gdc/ld, since it works the first time but slower?
(well that and that I have problems getting DMC to work with SDL / GL)

--anders