[OT] Re: VIDEO!

Fri Feb 23 08:27:34 PST 2007

> Frits van Bommel wrote:
>> Andrei Alexandrescu (See Website For Email) wrote:
>>>
>>> Rate it high! And if anyone tells me how the heck I can make sound in
>>> Ubuntu Flash work, please let me know!
>>
>> According to the Ubuntu wiki (at
>> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats/Flash):
>> * Install the alsa-oss package
>> * Make sure your /etc/firefox/firefoxrc has 'FIREFOX_DSP="aoss"'
>>
>> Worked for me.
>
> Thanks; didn't work, but the link suggests a couple of other leads.

I'm still pretty sure that worked for me when I was running 32-bit
Ubuntu (Edgy).
I'm now running 64-bit Edgy, and hadn't reinstalled it yet. So I tried
to do so to watch this video and this time couldn't get sound to work
with Flash 7. But the instructions at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FirefoxAMD64FlashJava said to install
Flash 9, which fixed it.