Useful x86 linker info page - alink

Pragma ericanderton at yahoo.removeme.com
Fri Feb 23 09:56:34 PST 2007

Bill Baxter wrote:
> Just for kicks I tried to link some dmd-generated OMF objects using
> alink.  It complained it didn't understand "record type BC" which
> apparently is a CEXTDEF-COMDAT External Names Definition Record
> according to this:
>   http://www.azillionmonkeys.com/qed/Omfg.pdf

FWIW, if it's failing to understand BC records, then there's probably other support missing as well.  IIRC, it's one of
several record types that lives in a tier of add-ons to the spec that all came about at the same time.

The filename is also kind of appropriate.  That is the exact phrase you'll utter time-and-again when working with this
filetype. ;)

--
- EricAnderton at yahoo