VIDEO! [OT]

DBLoke DBloke at Nowhere.eu
Fri Feb 23 16:13:44 PST 2007

> It's all good - I think I speak for most folks here when I say that
> we're an easy-going bunch, and that you're welcome here.  Unix-hacker
> ponytail (w/optional beard) or not.
>
> Besides, we all know that the measure of a true hacker is how well
> he/she can make vi do their bidding. :)

Excellent to hear, Vi still use now, great editor and has saved my bacon
on more than one occasion when FreeBSD baulked on boot.

I also admit I love Emacs, though I would be lined up against the wall
without a blindfold and shot for admitting this where I work.

Pity D still doesn't have a fully fledged RAD environment yet, but
Descent looks promising, not sure about DWT that NG seems stagnant right
now.

Yes it is simple to bang out lines of code to create windows in D, but
when it comes to fine tuning control layouts RAD is a must for me.

D is gaining popularity and people at work are taking an interest,
though purely from a curiosity perspective at the moment, a couple of
the them have it installed at home.

D is like C# on steroids Sharp is to C as Razor to D.

I also like D in that it is much simpler to grind the Metal with D than
C# weather good or bad sometimes it is required.

Also I like that it is not a requirement to make everything a class in D
again sometimes a plain function will do and though there are structs in
C# IMHO a function when you only need a function will require less
overhead than creating even a value type struct.

L8rs