Request: make coff2omf free

Sean Kelly sean at f4.ca
Sat Feb 24 19:23:05 PST 2007

John Reimer wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 16:43:31 -0800, Walter Bright wrote:
>
>> Bill Baxter wrote:
>>> Or if it is then maybe Walter should provide a web-based coff2omf
>>> service.  $2 a pop, and if it doesn't work you don't pay.  Or something
>>> like that.  I might give that a try.  :-)
>> It's only $15. And I've been known to give refunds to people it didn't
>> work for, even though I think each of the utilities in the EUP are
>> easily worth $15 by themselves. OBJ2ASM in particular!
>

> Personally, I would say that if a person finds it important to get
> a library working with dmc/dmd, then it's worth investing in the
> digitalmars tools to give it a shot -- specifically the whole dmc compiler
> suite which is reasonably priced.

It certainly is.  The only other compiler I know of with a comparable
price is Coumeau, and Coumeau is a C-front compiler.

> PS. I speak as one who bought the Digitalmars C/C++ compiler suite from
> Walter a few years ago.  I have no complaints about the quality of
> software, other than the feeling that some things are outdated.

I've got a CD as well, and I use DMC now for everything that doesn't
require serious debugging (for that, I still use VC 2005).  If DMC had a
quality debugger available, I'd need nothing else on Windows.

Sean