aliasing base methods

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Sun Feb 25 08:28:00 PST 2007

Frank Benoit (keinfarbton) wrote:

> My point is, i want this strange rules to be removed.
> And I want the override keyword not to be a useless thing.
>
> I propose:
> 1.) make an overload not hide base implementations
> 2.) make the override keyword required, to make it useful.
> 3.) remove the interface reimplementation rule.
>
> What do you think?

I agree strongly with all 3 above. And 2) will be a unique help for any
program that are to be mantained for any amount of time. It is nothing but
an extension to the already existing contracts. Mantainable programs are
another area where D can shine, but then we need to take opportunities like
this.

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net