Request: make coff2omf free

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 09:38:38 PST 2007

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 02:27:26 +0900, Bill Baxter wrote:

> John Reimer wrote:

>>> or let's say you support walter's multi-year effort for D by buying the
>>> package, no matter it's content. i'd buy a megabyte of white noise for
>>> that matter ;)
>>> but i found that EUP's grep tool is even more useful than white noise...
>>

>> Right.  Oh and I forgot about the grep tool.  It is good! :)
>
> There are number of free sources for unix-like tools for windows.
> There's Cygwin, of course.  Then there's also
> http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/ .
>
> --bb

Yes, I know.  In fact, you don't even need to get cygwin to get grep.  You
can use MSYS instead, which I prefer.

But for those that don't want to download all the extras or go anywhere
near the unix compatibility layers, having access to a tool that
just works on the current OS without dependencies is a feature. :)

-JJR