Request: make coff2omf free

Sun Feb 25 10:40:54 PST 2007

John Reimer wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 02:27:26 +0900, Bill Baxter wrote:
>
>> There are number of free sources for unix-like tools for windows.
>> There's Cygwin, of course.  Then there's also
>> http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/ .
>
> Yes, I know.  In fact, you don't even need to get cygwin to get grep.  You
> can use MSYS instead, which I prefer.
>
> But for those that don't want to download all the extras or go anywhere
> near the unix compatibility layers, having access to a tool that
> just works on the current OS without dependencies is a feature. :)

The link he posted doesn't use Cygwin. That project compiled native
.exes for several traditional Unix utilities, depending only on
msvcrt.dll (distributed with windows).
Apparently the .zip containing them is a dead link now, though. It used
to be a quite compact download with lots of stand-alone utils though. I
just re-zipped my install on another computer and it was only 137k.