Request: make coff2omf free

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 12:12:43 PST 2007

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 19:27:00 +0100, Frits van Bommel wrote:
Or a bit of other (standard?) library support.

>> Strangely finding information  like this online is extremely difficult.
>
> About ELF or about linking it to PE?

About linking it to PE and about executing ELF on Windows..

> There's plenty of information about ELF available. Just google for
> "executable linkable format" instead of "ELF", since Google isn't
> case-sensitive ;)

Yes, I realize that.  I had no difficulty googling for ELF, thankyou.
Fortunately, I've experienced Google enough to figure out how to use it. :P

> There might be no info about linking ELF to PE, but that could just be
> because nobody has been crazy enough to try it yet :P.

Yes, this is the information that is very difficult to find.  But of more
interest, actually using ELF executables on windows (not embedded in PE)
would be of more interest to me.  I found very little information on that
beyond the cross-elf reference I mentioned in another post.  The reference
to that was made in another forum by a person asking a similar question as
mine.

-JJR