Request: make coff2omf free

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 17:37:04 PST 2007

Bill Baxter wrote:
> Daniel Keep wrote:
>>
>> I'm certainly no expert but from what I do know, the container the code
>> is kept in is largely irrelevant.  All that really matters is that it's
>> for the right CPU (hopefully the one you're using) and that a few other
>> things are done the same way (like exceptions).
>>
>> I think it's kind of like the difference between a text file stored in
>> an archive.  Whether you use ZIP, RAR or 7z is beside the point: it's
>> more important that the text file is in a language you understand :P
>
> Where do calling conventions fit into that picture?  Doesn't it vary
> from platform to platform which of caller or callee pushes and pops
> arguments, or if some number of them are passed by registers instead of
> stack?
>
> --bb

Those are the sentence structure :P

Again, that's an issue with the generated code and it's also something
that would be *theoretically* possible to shim (like having an extern(C)
function that then calls your C++ functions).

	-- Daniel

--
Unlike Knuth, I have neither proven or tried the above; it may not even
make sense.