remove from array

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Tue Feb 27 16:04:26 PST 2007

Thorsten wrote:
> Bill Baxter Wrote:
>
>> This has the function you're looking for and a number of others you'll
>> probably be looking for soon after.  :-)
>>
>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/cashew/browser/trunk/cashew/utils/array.d
>>
>> --bb
>
> Yeah thanks, it's the drop-function.
> Will this be added to phobos once ?

Maybe in theory, but it's doubtful.  There is only one person able to
make commits to Phobos, Walter, and his time is taken up by making
changes to the compiler that /cannot/ be worked around by library code.
  That plus now there's Tango, which *is* an open and collaborative
standard library effort.

There's probably something like drop in Tango already.  If not they'd
probably be willing to add it.  I see they have a remove() function that
is like a combination of find()+drop(), and they have find() but no drop.

--bb