Unofficial wish list status.

Don Clugston dac at nospam.com.au
Wed Feb 28 23:19:36 PST 2007

Frits van Bommel wrote:
> Daniel Keep wrote:
>>
>> 4tuu4k002 at sneakemail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> 129  array initialization/literals
>>
>> Well, we have that, don't we?
>
> IIRC it was left on the list because the item covers associative arrays
> as well, and those aren't implemented yet.

The name of the item should be changed to 'associative array
initialisation/literals'.

>>> 29  Weak references/pointers
>>
>> Aren't weak refs possible now?  I think I remember seeing an
>> implementation somewhere...
>
> You can hide them with malloc(), but that's about all. The
> Object.notify* methods use this technique, IIRC.
>
>>> 21  Header File generation by DMD
>>
>> Uhh, haven't we had this for *ages*?  dmd -H
>
> Perhaps it's still here because it doesn't remove all code? (IIRC it
> leaves inlinable functions intact)

Maybe, but if that is what people want, it should be removed from the
list -- I think they're asking for something impossible.

Frankly, I find that list pretty annoying. There are lots of things on
it which are ambiguous, some which have already been implemented, and
some are really misguided ideas.