Survey - what language are you coming from?

Tyler Knott tywebmail at mailcity.com
Tue Jan 2 16:31:12 PST 2007

C.  I got a beginners book on it in 8th grade which really increased my
interest in programming (before that I had played with VB6... but that
was VB6).  Then, right around the time I first heard about D I learned
about OOP and couldn't go back to straight C.  D is so far the cleanest
and richest language I've played with that incorporated OOP; others have
included Java and C#, which I disliked for requiring massive VMs and not
having first-class functions, and C++, which I detested for its class
definition syntax and header files.