Survey - what language are you coming from?

JohnC johnch_atms at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 3 16:19:44 PST 2007

"Sean Kelly" <sean at f4.ca> wrote in message
news:enhbp2$1vpv$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
> Pragma wrote:
>>
>> I cut my teeth on C64 Basic*
>> (*I see that I'm not alone here - it's like those things were built to
>> train new coders)
>
> I remember being so excited when the C64 magazines arrived in the mail--a
> friend and I would spend all day entering the printed code to play the new
> game they contained.  It wasn't my first experience with programming, but
> it was certainly one of the most significant.
>

> Sean

Remember entering the code for sprites? I'd spend half the morning typing a
screenful of 0s and 1s, only to run the thing and discover my sprites were
missing a limb or two. But you doggedly persisted, and were so chuffed with
the end result, even though none of it was of your own design. I'd love to
recapture that feeling.