Need reflection facilities

Dave Woldrich dave at woldrich.com
Wed Jan 3 18:25:38 PST 2007

== Quote from Thomas Kuehne (thomas-dloop at kuehne.cn)'s article
> Flectioned should be able to solve your problems, it is however currently
> rudimental and only available for linux.
> http://svn.dsource.org/projects/flectioned/downloads/flectioned.zip
> Class.forName:
> 	cast(Class) cn.kuehne.flectioned.types["fully.qualified.name"]
> Class.getField:
> 	that is impossible without template foo
> Class.getMethod
> 	should be available at the end of the week
> Unpack and have a try:
> 1) gcc -m32 -c elf.c
> 2) dmd flectioned.d sample.d elf.o -ofsample
> 3) ./sample
> Thomas

Thomas,

Wow, your library is so impressive.  You scan the running process for symbols,
wicked!  I am fascinated by how low level D programs can go, although I see you
using a little C there to pull it off.  And you made a Class class, yay!  The
Class.newInstance() method was very impressive.

Anyhow, there's many ways to skin a cat, and I see you're an expert cat skinner.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.  I still think if the
compiler did this work and generated type metadata code the reflection would
execute faster, but your solution is working today, so I guess I shouldn't
complain.  :)

Cheers,
Dave Woldrich