D programs broken at Language Shootout

janderson askme at me.com
Thu Jan 4 00:21:10 PST 2007

Christof Boeckler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am no D programmer yet, but I noticed that five of the programs at The
> Computer Language Shootout Benchmarks
> (http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/) broke after updating the compiler
> to version 1.00 on the Gentoo machine. It seems to be a simple fix
> although.
>
> In the meantime D fell back to rank 5 in the default "all
> benchmarks"/"all languages" view.
>
> Regards
>     Christof

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/debian/benchmark.php?test=all&lang=dlang&lang2=gcc

I note that D is worse on everything then gcc except for a few cases
where the differences are extream.  I think D's score would be much
lower without chameneos and cheap-concurrency.  It would be nice if
someone could work out exactly what is causing the performance drop in
each of the other algorithms.  There maybe somethings that Walter could
tweak in the compiler.

-Joel