D roadmap after 1.00

Craig Black cblack at ara.com
Thu Jan 4 09:27:24 PST 2007

Yes.  Stabilization should be top priority since there seem to still be many
outstanding bugs.

However, performance is a big area that isn't necessarily a "boring house
cleaning" exercise.  For example, the most significant improvement to
performance IMO would be to make GC precise.  This would require new
reflection features in the compiler as it would have to know which areas of
memory are pointers and which are not.  However, I think you may be refering
to performance enhancements to the backend, which would also be welcome.

-Craig

news:enjctk$qeq$2 at digitaldaemon.com...