Compiling nedmalloc w/ DMC

Craig Black cblack at ara.com
Fri Jan 5 11:08:50 PST 2007

> In addition to the problem posted below, it seems that DMC's kernel32.lib
> does not include the required functions TryEnterCriticalSection and
> InitializeCriticalSectionAndSpinCount.

After talking with Niall some more, we found that we could get rid of the
TryEnterCriticalSection link error by adding the line

#define _WIN32_WINNT 0x403

before

#include <windows.h>

Curiosly, this did not fix the link error with
InitializeCriticalSectionAndSpinCount.  After further investigation, I found
that both are found in DMC's kernel32.lib.  Perhaps the function parameters
are different.  I still think DMC may need to upgrade it's libraries.

Anyone have any other ideas?

-Craig