D, Java? To D or not to D?

Jeff Nowakowski jeff at dilacero.org
Fri Jan 5 22:16:20 PST 2007

Walter Bright wrote:
> It's just a fair project to get it to work. I don't see any technical
> obstacles, just resources. I worked out all the details about 5 years
> ago <g>.

Is that like "I have a truly marvelous proof of this proposition which
this margin is too narrow to contain."?

This is meant in good humor, but seriously, why not put all your
thoughts on the web somewhere?  It seems D could go much further via
collaboration than one man doing all the work.  I was impressed by the
benefits of open design while reading about lazy evaluation:

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/lazy-evaluation.html

-Jeff