D, Java? To D or not to D?

Daniel Keep daniel.keep+lists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 15:23:54 PST 2007

Frits van Bommel wrote:
> Daniel Keep wrote:
>> Linux can support PEs (ie: .exe files); that's what Wine is for.
>
> Read the first sentence that you quoted again. run _directly_. As in:
> you can type the name of the app at the prompt and it runs (without a
> batch file, script or loader application in between) as long as it's in
> the PATH variable.

I thought you *could* do that.  I remember reading an article somewhere
on how the list of executable formats in Linux was open-ended, and you
could add new stuff to it.

Maybe I'm just getting senile really, really early...

Ah, here's something: http://www.linux.it/~rubini/docs/binfmt/binfmt.html

I must have assumed that Wine added this functionality for Windows
executables.  Silly me.

	-- Daniel