templates and files.

Georg Wrede georg at nospam.org
Sun Jan 7 17:18:28 PST 2007

Andrey Khropov wrote:
> Things are gonna be even more scary in the future. Because now W3C pushes
> forward that thing that they call Semantic Web, which will essentially turn Web
> into a worldwide weak AI system. How about a global brain?

Seeing T1 back in the 80's, I had almost a religious revelation. The
recursive storyline was already stunning, but the bit about Skynet
reaching consciousness and then starting to learn at an exponential
rate, just blew my socks off. And I saw it in 1984, Orwell's year.

Our university got hooked up to the Internet in 1989, some five years
later we got the WWW, things like CORBA, Yahoo, Google, Wikipedia,
computer worms, malware, crackers, junk mail, DoS attacks, cell phones,
blue-tooth viruses, ... I keep getting these /deja vu/s over and over again!

If somebody told me Dan Brown's Digital Fortress has happened for real,
I'd hardly raise an eyebrow.

The times, they sure ain't gettin' boring.

Heh, and there's no telling if the Internet actually will take down our
civilization some day! And if somebody says they can't think of any way
it could, I'd have to say that's the very point here, right?