D on EclipseZone (marketing babble)

Lutger lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 03:05:45 PST 2007

Olli Aalto wrote:
> http://www.eclipsezone.com/eclipse/forums/t87989.html
>
> Seems that the conversation is not going very well D-wise atleast.
>
> O.

There is one recurrent theme present here that I have seen in all
criticisms of D: the feature set as it appears on the language
comparison page. I guess that people who want to get an overview of D in
a short time find the comparison table the easiest source of information.

 From the thread on eclipsezone: "After a glance on the feature
comparision - which I find not to be be enitrely correct, btw - it seems
that the language design faild to hurt somebody."

People get the impression that D tries to cram as much features into one
language without caring much for overall design. Although D is quite
large, this is of course not true.

The comparison table serves as a quick overview and of course a 'praise'
of D as mentioned by the wiki. But it might be a misleading /
off-putting entry instead. At least I would suggest a stronger
disclaimer on top than there is now and a link to the comparison table
in the wiki.