can't use variadic template arg in dependent type [OT: C++ style declarations?]

Larry Evans cppljevans at cos-internet.com
Mon Jan 8 15:45:36 PST 2007

On 01/08/2007 05:02 PM, Kyle Furlong wrote:
[snip]

> Does the:
>
>     class
> AClass
>     ( Args
>     )
> {
> }
>
> style that I've seen a few attachments use recently come from C++'s
> template nightmare? If so, please look at this:
>
> class AClass(Args)
> {
> }
>
> And let me know which is better! :D

Maybe indirectly.  It's mostly my own convention, and you're not the
first to find it objectionable.  I've used it because it emphasizes
what's being defined (The class name).  It won't grep as easily, but
that's a problem with whatever's doing the grepping.  There's
other justifications, but, they probably wouldn't be of much
interest.