Time for a new default web interface please

Lutger lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 03:02:35 PST 2007

Mark T wrote:
> Does anyone else use the Web interface to read this newsgroup?
>
> The old one was ok but the PHP News Reader is pretty worthless.
> In fact I hardly ever visit this group because of that.

Most people use something like Thunderbird. If I were forced to use the
current web interface however, I would indeed hardly visit this newsgroup.

> Maybe just create a new D newsgroup under google groups which would
> have way more capabilties.
>
>    comp.lang.d  would be nice but it seems that it is really hard
> these days to start a usenet group [of course comp.lang.deadlongago
> is still out there.]

This newsgroup is just fine, it's the default web interface that sucks.

It is not 'really' a problem, since failing to use a good reader there
are web interfaces available now that do not suck, one has been mentioned.

But it IS a problem. I suspect there are a lot of people who (try) to
use the web interface. That a good reader is much better is not changing
that fact. The current one puts people off too much. 'PR-wise' I think
it makes quite a difference, and what is the effort of changing the
default web interface?