Readability and naming.

Lutger lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 03:15:13 PST 2007

Steve Horne wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 14:34:59 -0800, Sean Kelly <sean at f4.ca> wrote:
>
>> Personally, I think variable names should be clearly understandable to a
>> code reviewer, but this doesn't always equate to long names.
>
> Agreed. The way some people go on about long names, I suspect they
> write code along the following lines...

<funny code>

Haha, that reminds me of some Java code I sometimes see. However I agree
with the OP on this one:

     w_count vs wordCount

It's only two more characters and the '_' is more annoying to type. I
find variable names consisting only of alphabetic characters better to
read too.

But YMMV of course. I'm just glad D is not as verbose as Java.