Comparison chart worries

torhu fake at address.dude
Sun Jan 14 05:59:29 PST 2007

Lutger wrote:
  > The point is that this part of the quote still holds true and from a
> marketing perspective reflects bad on D:
>
> "Your comparison sheet is EXTREMELY misleading, as you completely ignore
> the .NET framework, which extends C# far beyond anything D can currently
> do. Ignoring the presence of many of these facilities in the .NET
> framework is a really shady tactic to make D seem like it has several
> important features that C# supposedly lacks."

 From http://www.digitalmars.com/d/comparison.html:

"While many capabilities are available with standard libraries, this
table is for features built in to the core language itself."

I guess the problem is that people don't read the introduction to the
comparison.  But it might be better to put 'library' instead of just
'no' in that table anyway, like someone suggested.  Than flames like the
one you are quote might be less common.

I guess you just can't expect the slashdot crowd and many others to 'RTFA'.

And maybe the link to the comparison should be less prominent, and
labelled 'comparison of built-in features' instead of just 'comparison'?