The dll example doesn't seem to work

Bradley Smith digitalmars-com at baysmith.com
Mon Jan 15 12:17:21 PST 2007

The dmd\samples\d\mydll works for me. Below is the output for build.bat
and test.exe. The implib tool is something people are often missing
because it is a part of DMC not DMD. You can get it from DMC's Basic
Utilities (http://ftp.digitalmars.com/bup.zip).

   Bradley

C:\dmd\samples\d\mydll>build.bat

C:\dmd\samples\d\mydll>..\..\..\bin\dmd -ofmydll.dll mydll2.d dll.d
mydll.def
C:\dmd\bin\..\..\dm\bin\link.exe
mydll2+dll,mydll.dll,,user32+kernel32,mydll.def/noi;

C:\dmd\samples\d\mydll>implib/system mydll.lib mydll.dll
Digital Mars Import Library Manager Version 8.41n
Copyright (C) Digital Mars 2000-2004 All Rights Reserved,
www.digitalmars.com
implib/h for help
Input is a Windows NT DLL file 'MYDLL.DLL'.
Output is a Windows NT import library.
Digital Mars Import Library Creator complete.

C:\dmd\samples\d\mydll>..\..\..\bin\dmd test.d mydll.lib
C:\dmd\bin\..\..\dm\bin\link.exe test,,,mydll.lib+user32+kernel32/noi;

C:\dmd\samples\d\mydll>test.exe
hello dll world

C:\dmd\samples\d\mydll>