Comparison chart worries

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Mon Jan 15 15:56:45 PST 2007

Luís Marques wrote:
>> Walter Bright wrote:
>>> But also, now that 1.0 is here, the time for that may have passed. To
>>> that end, I've just removed the entries for the non-D languages.
>>> People coming to D from those languages already know what they can
>>> do, and can form their own conclusions.
>>
>> I think it's quite nice now. That was a clever choice.
>> (IMO, in this context, the colors are also fine)
>>
>> --
>> Luís Marques
>
> Actually, I'll add that you might want to tweak the comparison comments.
> Because only D is listed now, some remarks about other languages seem to
> appear a bit out of context.
>
> The "Willeam NerdSpeare" remark... well... :)

I'll second your "well..." on that.
And I'll raise you one "uh..." for the "Richard Deyman" quote found on
other pages.  :-)   (Seriously I don't think Richard Feynman's quote
about quantum mechanics is well-known enough for most people to even
recognize that its a fake quote, let alone that it's a joke.)

--bb