Why can't static functions be virtual

John McAuley john_mcauley at bigfoot.com
Wed Jan 17 06:07:33 PST 2007

Sorry guys for not actually *listening* to your replies.

I inherited someone else's thread by replying to an old post.

The gist of his question was: why is it not *currently possible* to have virtual statics?

I got a lot of informative and factual responses. Thanks guys.

Of course, I was going off on one, imagining how easy it would be to implement virtual statics. So I didn't listen properly to the responses.

But moving on, I'd like to change the question to:

 Do you think that it would be possible to implement virtual statics in D?