code blockd IDE

Jascha Wetzel "[firstname]" at mainia.de
Thu Jan 18 03:30:01 PST 2007

Anders F Björklund wrote:
> Code::Blocks currently supports D as a "C/C++ compiler", that is it
> thinks that DMD or GDC is some weird compiler with strange flags...
> Support for D "proper" and support for Mac OS X has been pushed to
> past the 1.0 release, in other to not delay that for another year.
>
> That doesn't mean that you can't use D (or Mac) now, because you can.

Maybe even more notably, CodeBlocks supports "find implementation of"
and "goto function" for D files. This is probably just because the
edit-time C++ parser inherently understands parts of D.
I actually don't miss too much from my MSDEV+VisualAssistX or Eclipse
for Java setup, except for the refactoring tools.